Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scripture Challenge 12- comfort

Where do you turn when you need a comforting hand when you are hurting? What about when someone you know and love is hurting? This is what made me want to use this verse on the page. Another soul bareing story ahead, but there is a point to it. I know I have mentioned before I have no real desire to make friends here at this new duty station. Sure I get lonely and yes there are times when I wish I had female partners to run off with on a fun trip, but after my last duty station I feel worn out with no more strength to deal with other people's neurosis and negative attitudes. My point... my heart is empty, people have used it up till I had no more to give. It is the same with comfort. If you can draw comfort from the Lord you will have it in abundance to give. You have to take comfort in Him even when the pain seems unbearable. He loves us, wants us to have faith in Him and even when we turn our backs to Him in anger He is still right there trying to give us his comfort.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

Beautiful page! I love it! As I was reading your post I just kept nodding in agreement. You are so right. If we don't draw our comfort and healing from the one TRUE SOURCE then how will we ever have enough to give to someone else when they are going through a tough time? Love your take on this! (By the way I totally snagged your badge and proudly displayed it on my blog under places to visit! Thank you for offering it up!)
Hugs,
Bridgett

Kathy W said...

tfs- I really enjoy seeing all your scripture papes you do

Amber said...

love your page its very pretty and i so understand about going to God wanting the comfort for healing a heart thats been used and hurt by so many !

Denice said...

Beautiful page, and the colors on it are perfect.

Maybe this new duty station wasn't a place for you to seek new friendships, but rather a place for you to nurture your relationship with God. Because it seems that every time I read one of your scripture pages, you are extremely comfortable in your words and praise of him!

Anonymous said...

:(
I'm sorry you have decided not to make any friends at your current place. But I see what you are saying. I'm glad that you find comfort in know the Lord is always your friend.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I am happy you get God's comfort because He is ALWAYS there for you - with no call waiting!!!

And I love your guts so much! I wish we were stationed together now. I know others have sucked you dry and I've been through the same exact thing with other military wives. It sucks and it hurts - alot!! Just don't close off completely ok??? We aren't ALL nuts, lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails