Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birthday Party Anyone?

The most down to earth woman I know has turned 80. She lost her husband when my youngest uncle was an infant, raised 7 kids as a single mom, and has enough love that none of her Grandkids has ever felt left out or unloved, but definately has no qualms about telling us when we are screwing up. She is a remarkable woman. I know 80 is just a number but I can not fathom not having her here some day. I am glad I got to go see her for her birthday. The guest of honor by her "cake".Her grandkids and great grandkids helping her blow out her candles. She loved the quilt. When we were talking she said I hope you didn't buy me anything my years are short and it is just something that will just have to be given away. I can tell you I was relieved that I know she would keep this close!

The Morales clan that were there. There are many more of us!

This is how we keep mimaw young ,Eric is making her throw it up gangsta style!


Side note today is my 11th anniversary to Chris. Man it doesn't seem like 11 years I mean really? So wonder what we will do today to celebrate!






Photobucket

9 comments:

Denice said...

Happy Birthday Mimaw! Looks like everyone had a great time and the "cake" is adorable! How could she not like the quilt?!! The love of all those who care for her will keep her warm!

Happy Anniversary to you and dh! 11 is a good number isn't it?!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma!!

And Happy Anniversary to YOU!!! Wow, 11 years is a great milestone!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

And your blog looks gorgeous too!

Shiloah Baker said...

Wow, that is awesome!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!The cake looks lovely.

Happy Anniversay to you both, hope you have a great day!

Julie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!


Glad she liked the quilt!!!

Unknown said...

She looks like she had great Fun
I have tagged you on my blog Here

http://wendyscraftingtimes.blogspot.com/2009/01/photo-tag.html

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her! What a wonderful HERITAGE and Inspiration of strength and PERSEVERANCE! TFS!

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this!!! The photos are awesome and it feels like I am right there! I knew she'd love the quilt...who wouldn't? That is awesome!!! I was going make Paul's grandma one after we got married and have all her kids and grandkids names on it but I never did. I am so glad you were able to celebrate with your Mimaw and it cracks me up that she was going gangsta!!!! Happy anniversary....hope you guys had fun!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails