Wednesday, August 20, 2008

S2l Challange and other challenge

First the stamp to lose challenge. I belong to a wonderful team over at sparkpeople.com and they issue weekly challenges and so I decided to join in and play. I chose to to a stamped image using brown and any other color. Here is the result!


This next one is for a challenge over at Deena's blog that stemmed from my friend Bridgett's blog. The circle is crazy. Anyway it was a challenge to make a card for someone in need and send it. The first is for a friend who was my next door neighbor at Ft. Bliss when we were there. She is having a hard time after our moving apart so I just wanted her to know I love her. It is made with SU set and everything nice and year round 2.


This next one means a lot to me. For those of you new to my blog my husband is in the military. The turquoise ribbon is the ribbon for PTSD (post traumatic stress syndrome) of which is the equivalent of shell shock the Vietnam vets experienced after coming home. There is minimal help for this and its hard for family members to cope. So I made this one for a friend whose husband is dealing with a severe form of this mental illness. I want her to know she is not alone. This is made with the Hope is... set from SU!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, all three cards are wonderful! The umbrella card for your friend is so sweet, and the card for your friend whose husband is experiencing PTSD is beautiful. I'm sure these will be so appreciated!
Thanks for joining in the challenge.
smiles,Deena

Bridgett Owens said...

Okay! I LOVE THEM ALL! You knew that I would, though! Seriously these cards are all so beautiful and the last one is especially awesome...what a wonderful way to show your support. Your friend can pull this card out time and again to remember she has your support and friendship to lean on!
Gentle Hugs and I hope you win the challenge!

Kay aka kdedid said...

Loved the cards Christina! And your blog is so fun. I think I am a lame blogger, but maybe I'll get some tips after looking at yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails