Monday, August 25, 2008

It's been a few days...

but this weekend we celebrated my husbands 35th birthday. It's hard to believe we have known each other that long and that we have been married 10 years. It doesn't seem that long but I guess that's what makes for a good marriage that you don't notice the passage of time and that you are totally comfortable in your skin with each other. So in honor of my hubby's birthday I am gonna share his favorite dessert recipe. Let me just say my husband does not care for cake , unless its a slice of my homemade red velvet cake and this ,but this recipe he will eat the pan.{wink} I would have shared a picture but the family kinda got to it first!

Chris' favorite sopapilla cheese cake



2 Pkgs cresent rolls
2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 egg
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/4 t. vanilla
1 stick of butter
cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Spread one package of rolls at bottom of pan as a whole do not break into triangles.In bowl cream egg, cream cheese, 1 c. of sugar and vanilla till smooth. Spread over rolls in pan. Cover with other package of rolls. Melt butter pour on top. Combine 1.2 c. sugar and cinnimon to taste. Sprinkle on top. Bake for 45 min. Let cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

Bridgett Owens said...

I love cheesecake! That is what my mom makes me every year for my birthday!!! And I love sopapillas! We made those in home ec in high school! I lost my recipe for them but order them when we eat at the Mexican restaurant here in town. Mmm! This sounds great and can't wait to try it! Hope you hubby had a terrific birthday! HUGS!!!!!
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails