Wednesday, April 4, 2012

As you are....

 18 years ago , almost exactly to the day (April 5th, 1994), it was announced to the world that Kurt Cobain had committed suicide. I was 20 and I was crushed. Nirvana's music meant so much to me and made me realize it was ok to be me. Not what people wanted me to be.
Since then I have always wanted to visit Kurt Cobain's home town and on Tuesday I finally got my wish. The only tribute to Kurt in Aberdeen, until last year, was this sign and my bucklist wish was to take my picture by it.....
DONE! But not without the price of squishy shoes all day
    
The official memorial tribute to Kurt in the most odd place in Aberdeen...
If you know your Kurt history you know he never liked the spotlight and the bass player Krist Novoselic didn't think he'd want to be a statue. So they chose a guitar that Kurt played.
Ribbon that reads" Just one more special message to go.Then i am done and I can go home."
 




 More history...this is the bridge where it is believed where Kurt lived for a time. If you look at the sign above you can see he even mentioned in in his music.




So we also stopped by the Aberdeen history museum.  The guy in there was awesome. He let the kiddos climb on the vintage fire truck.


Store front..

He must have really like Lucas because he let him play like its a playground.
 Kyla at the helm...

 Capt. Michelle...

The bestest who invited me to go to Aberdeen....
 She loved this booth...
 Michelle said she's in the tardis  LOL love my geek girl


LOL looks like she's enjoying that call ..

 You'd think being on spring break they'd stay out of this area..




LOOK AT THIS DICTIONARY! Now we can see the death of the english language.
 OK this was too funny to pass up.....

Bucket list is getting checked off left and right here love it!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time!! Road trips are awesome!

Denice said...

What awesome to go to Aberdeen and see all the Cobain memorbilia ... sad as it was.

I hope you keep adding to your bucket list, you don't ever want to get to the end of that list, lol!

:Dxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails