Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My inner geek is screaming!!!

And who can blame me when I found these little beauties?
I first saw these wonderful toys on this post from Bakerella. I was so bummed. I had no idea where to hunt down a William Sonoma ,where they are exclusive, of course. I did look at the web site but Chris is tired of me saying let's go to Austin. Everything I want is in Austin LOL.
Well he only had himself to blame because coming back from San Antonio he wanted to stop at a mall there. I had forgotten there was a store in there , and I almost walked pass, because I wasn't paying attention. Then like a becon of light my eye caught the word Sonoma. People let me tell you I sprinted saying ya I'll be in here, my inner geek is screaming. I was so excited the sales person helping me didn't remember who Bobba Fett was , and I got so involved telling her Chris had to tell me to stop. While i don't have time to use them right now I will so be playing soon. So now that I have rambled on about how much of a geek I really am how bout a sugar cookie recipe?

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Hope to be sharing pics soon!



Photobucket

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! So happy for you!!! I couldn't care less about Star Wars, but I'd eat a pig's butt in a sugar cookie!!!!

Kathy W said...

my boys would love these- no geek just cool mom!

kc_froglady said...

AWESOME! I have seen them too on Bakerella but couldn't find them locally. I can't wait to see what they look like and I'll be wishing for a bite!

Bridgett Owens said...

I think you're the coolest geek there is! LOL Enjoy your cookie cutters! I will need to come back for that recipe because I am always wanting a good sugar cookie recipe! TFS!

Melissa Stinson said...

Sweet!!!! Aren't they awesome? I have them but haven't used them yet. Did you see the pancake molds? I actually convinced my husband to use them a couple of weekends ago- I had Yoda pancakes for breakfast. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails