Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Scripture challenge week 49 - Surrender



“Go to God with empty hands—no hidden agendas, no crossed fingers, nothing behind your back. Go to Him with a willingness to do whatever He says. If you surrender your will, then He will ‘equip you with everything good for doing His will.’”
(Hebrews 13:21). ~Max Lucado.

To live a Christian live we need to learn to surrender completely to Him. I am human and everything in my human nature wants to rebel against this. I need to remember that I can not hide from my Father. He knows everything I have done and why.
We can not be a half Christian living for Him when we need Him. Only when we surrender completely to him can we truly appreciate the life and love He wants to give us.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Surrender is right up there with trust for me. Not.At.All.Easy! But I know God hasn't given up on me yet because I'm still alive. There's hope yet!!!

Kathy W said...

I like how you put the scripture right in the middle and used very little embellishments- makes the words stand out

Sharon said...

Wow! Great work on the scrap booking page. I don't know how you crafty folks do that! Every thing I touch ends up looking crooked!

Denice said...

SURRENDER? Easier said than done! If you know anyone who truely lives their life surrendering to God, you'll meet the most peaceful and serene person ever! I've been blessed know a few who do...I keep trying!

Bridgett Owens said...

I do surrender SOME things to God. I would say MOST things to God. But the things that I struggle with the most in my life are definitely the things I haven't let go of yet and given to Him. Thank you for the reminder to just give it ALL to Him!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails