Saturday, July 18, 2009

Card Challenge Sunday

It seems like forever since I actuall did a sunday challenge. It felt good to just sit and create. So first here is the mojo monday sketch.... Here is my take on it. ...
I have tried desperatly to create a brayered sky. It never works for me the color os to light then I try to darken it then its too dark ..Or I get lines running through my sky. Me and my brayer do not get along. So I sponged my sky and I loved the way it turned out!
My next 2 challenges were both Christmas in July So first for my SBS group I made this one...

Man it felt weird to be making icicles and snow in 103 weather. But I really love how it turned out. I even like that my camera actually got some of the dazzling diamonds on the icicles.
For Kerry's 3 Clovers Challenge I made this one...


It is a gate fold card and the scallop circle holds it closed.
Well I hope ou enjoyed looking as much as I liked sharing and now I just need to start crafting more stuff blog about LOL Have a wonderful Sunday!



Photobucket

11 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

These are FABULOUS! WOW!!!!! I love all the details, the shimmer! It's so fun! I love it!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Great cards!

Denice said...

Great cards, all of them! I bet it was kind of weird making icicles in July?!! But how nice to get a jump on Christmas!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Like Bridgett said...WOW!!! You are so amazing!!! You have mad skillz!!!!

(I joined three groups and then got sick and haven't participated AT ALL! I'm so gonna get kicked out!)

Ed said...

Christina, they are all gorgeous cards - I specially love the one you made for our SBS challenge - there's something about brightly lit windows at Christmas, - gives me goosebumps - I imagine all lovely things going on inside lol ..

Amber said...

I agree these are Fab and orange on Christmas lol thats all Christina haha loves ya girly they are cool

Amber said...

I agree these are Fab and orange on Christmas lol thats all Christina haha loves ya girly they are cool

Kathy W said...

goodness, have you been busy! Wonderful creations- 1) is elegant (2) love the curtains! (3) gate fold rockS!

Julia Aston said...

Love your sketch card - the sponging is super! and your Christmas cards are so fun! love the window one especially!

Elena said...

Wow! Your Christmas cards are so beautiful! I love the one with the window especially!

kc_froglady said...

Your sky is wonderful on the first card - I am also brayer challenged :) I guess the key is glossy paper but I still don't seem to get it just right! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails