Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11


I just came in from my daughters school who had a freedom reigns assembly. Much like Pearl Harbor to me, children in elementary schools everywhere will learn about this tragic day in American history thru books. If you think about it even an 8th grader was only about 6 when this event took a hold of our lives. Only my oldest at 14 knows what exactly happened on this day. Only he and I remember that the planes that crashed into the towers were playing all day on the TV, that believe it or not I had a parent who was flying that day from New York to CA and we could not reach him.He has since gone back to visit New york. We also remember not knowing if we would see my husband anytime soon since he was out training for this sort of mission anyway. We got a 5 min phone call just so we would know he was on lock down and OK.

Since that day many people have forgotten what it was like to have the sense of unity in something or someone. We have gone back to the days before the war of rushing and scattering here and back and it isn't until this day comes by or you have a loved one sent to Afghanistan or Iraq that the severity of this day hits us. So if you see a soldier today thank them for doing what they thought was their duty to fight this war. You may not believe in this war you may think its a crock...I will be honest I do. But these guys have to do what their Commander -in- Chief orders them to do. THEY DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE TO BE THERE. Many would rather not go, and there are movies out there showing the "evil " of it all. Many decide not to go and face jail because the reality of it all is they just can not face the horrors again. I have been blessed my husband has gone twice , he is alive, but reality again he has been in vehicles that have run over IED's 3 times,Has felt the after shocks of vehicles around him more then that. Other then minor PTSD he is OK. I am one of the luckiest ones. I may not support the war but I support the soldiers that have to face the reality of it. I hope many of them come home safe.

On a side note I think that many people wonder about God, Allah, Jehovah, whomever or whatever it is you believe in, in these times. I do not have knowledge of many of these religions and I have my beliefs though I do not try to force them on anyone else, I will say that I believe that God is saddened by all this and in the bible it says He will let the angel known as Satan rule this earth for a period of time. Do you honestly think a loving God would do this to so many innocent people? Think about it. This is a picture my dad took at ground zero I believe it is a sign God is waiting for us to invite him back into our lives.


I know someone out there may be offended by what I have said, For that I am so sorry but that's the beauty of today. I have the right to my opinion. But before anyone leaves a negative comment let me just say I monitor my comments so even though you may disagree and you have that right. I will get it but not everyone else will read it.

7 comments:

Leona said...

Hi Cristina,

a newbie on the sbs24 sistas.. hope to see more of you hugs leona x

Kathy W said...

nice remberance, my son came home from school and asked me why 9/11 was so important

Barbara said...

It's so difficult to believe that it has been 7 years already. You are right....so many children have no real idea of the magnitude of that event. I live in a NYC area suburb....on a good, clear day, I could see those buildings in the distance from up on the hill past my home. Many, many people in my town and surroundings towns work in the city...and worked in those towers. Some came back....some did not. Those that did all have horrific stories to tell. So, although for many it is a distant memory, for some it is/was all too real. There were many memorials in this area....and each year, there seems to be another monument or two. It was a horrible time for our country, and one we should never forget.

Bridgett Owens said...

I am so glad to read this post! It's an awesome perspective MOST of us do not get to see: the one that is seen through the eyes of an Army wife! I totally support our troops and all the efforts they are making to make the world a better place...not just their neighborhood of their backyard safe...but the world! Because of your husband and others like him, I am FREE and SAFE and PROTECTED and I thank GOD FOR THEM! I pray for them and I am honored to know you and your family! God bless you!!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Ed said...

I love your blog Christina, and I agree with everything you say, I just joined the sisterhood and look forward to getting to know you.

Pam said...

Cristina- Please be sure to send a thank you to your DH for me and my family. I grew up in a military family and my DH is a former soldier, so I can only now send thanks for all the wonderful work they do. I support our troops- they do things that they should not have to in times nobody else could imagine having to go anywhere! As for 9/11- you are right- my kids weren't even thought of at the time- but I was teaching little ones that were only 5! We need to remember and stay united... thanks for the well-stated remembrance of that date! Hugs to you- and keep up the great work!!

Michele said...

Thanks for the insight. I so agree with so many of the things that you said. Please check out my blog (http://kmandkids.blogspot.com/2008/09/remembering-september-11th-2001.html) for a picture much like yours that also shows the American flag in the background and what I felt like was the light of Christ shining down on the cross. We went on Sept 11th 2005 and my pics didn't turn out of it, but my brother in law's did. They are beautiful. I just have one there, but I hope you like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails